We all know about the importance of communication and collaboration. With the trends in the way we are working moving towards a more remote-oriented workplace, staying virtually connected is a core vital for your business. Team communication apps like Slack are amongst the most popular go-to medium for staying in sync with your team. According to Slack user data, their user base is spread across 150 countries worldwide. With the expansion of their platform and diverse array of integrations, everything from productivity tools that let you run asynchronous meetings via Slack, to attendance and vacation updates and more, are available.
Whether the company you work for uses Slack or not, you can still tap into the tool to connect and share experiences with like-minded professionals and people in HR.
Surely, you are a busy People Ops professional who doesn't have the time to spend hours searching for relevant Slack groups in the HR/recruiting field. That’s why we decided to do the hard work for you.
Here are some of my favourite HR Slack communities for HR professionals and recruiters.
While some of these slack channels to join are invite-only and require you to show some experience in the People Ops space, others are public to everyone and perfect for people who are interested in becoming a professional People expert. 🙃
5 Slack Communities to join if you are an experienced HR professional or recruiter:
- DBR - This is a global slack community for in-house recruiters to share their best practices and experiences.
- Secret HR Society - This is an invite-only Slack community aimed at people who work in the People Ops space. It originates in Germany, however is English friendly. 🙂👉 One thing though: You will have to show 5+ years of People Ops experience to join this network.
- Resources for Humans - Resources for Humans is a community of forward thinking People Ops leaders looking to advance their craft and network with other professionals.
- Recruitment Slackers - An invite-only Slack community for in-house recruiters for sharing news / content / techniques. Based in the Netherlands - English-speaking friendly.
- Boolean Strings - A >5000 member Slack community featuring regular updates on specific sourcing techniques, especially on advanced usage of boolean operators. Also: Has excellent updates on little known features on LinkedIn
5 open Slack Communities to join if you are interested in HR topics:
- People Geeks - This Slack HR community is great for anyone who is passionate about people and want to network with other people geeks. People Geeks can work in People Ops, Recruitment, HR, or as CEOs at fast-growing companies. It’s not about the title, it’s about the spirit.
- Techrecruiter - Techrecruiter is a Slack HR community for passionate technical recruiters helping each other by sharing knowledge, new sourcing techniques and posting available job positions.
- #PeoplePeople- A community space for HR, Recruitment and Talent professionals to talk about humans-at-work issues and share smart ideas about the ever-changing talent landscape.
- HRtoHR - HR to HR - as it's name suggests - is a place where fellow HR professionals talk about best practices, everyday challenges, new tools, general jibber-jabber and rants about things that matter from one HR to another.
- **Org Designer - This Slack group is for improving teams and the workplace. Leaders, People Geeks/People Ops, HR, and anyone interested in improving the way we work is welcome to join.
No worries. There is more! 👏 Check out our curated **Ultimate list of Professional Online Communities** for more HR slack groups and other communities - including Facebook & Linkedin groups.
And, if you're actively using Slack as a main communication channel for your team, and looking to improve the way you collaborate and communicate asynchronously without the need for endless meetings, add Slack's Complish Integration. Improve visibility across your team, link your tasks to objectives, and keep everyone in the loop with Slack check-ins. Complish aims to help keep your team more aligned, connected and focused without the need for unnecessary status update meetings, that drain your time and energy. 👇